Tuesday 21 October 2014

Changes


Moments of uncertainty. Someone once told me that these are opportunities: they are proof to the flexibility of our life and lead us into new options, paths and variations.

For me, uncertainty leaves me quaking. I like the familiar and the predictable. Even if the familiar is not working so well.

These days, my thinking is being pushed to new parameters. I am realising that my approach needs to change. I have friends for whom change fills them with excitement and energy. I guess it depends on the types of change. I certainly have friends who are comfortable enough in their knowledge of the hand of God that even unpleasant changes soon become rhythmic and adaptable.

The comforting realisation for me of late is that my thinking does not alter the certainty of my position in this life, which is safely tucked in the hand of God. Hedged in front and behind and with His hand to guide me. Quaking or not, this is as much truth for me as it is for my sure-footed friends. We have the same Father and because of that, our future is certain.

'Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment