Monday 27 October 2014

Little Gifts

Have you ever experienced a moment when something unexpected happens, something undeserved and so surprising that you just know that God has been working on your behalf? I'm sure you have, whether you have recognised those moments for what they are or put them down to happy coincidences.

Today, one of those little gifts landed on my doorstop. In my letterbox, actually. An answer to a dilemma that had arisen just a few months ago. It's knotty implication had the potential to send me into a tailspin and yet somehow, deep down, I knew things would be ok. I just didn't realise how fast the Lord would work on my family's behalf. Isn't it funny how some things happen so quickly while other answers are years in the making?

I was reminded once more that my future is in safe hands. That there is a season to everything. That my Heavenly Father is working on my behalf, unbeknown to me, ready and willing to bring His blessings to pass in my life. In these moments, I am yet again convinced that worry is not only a complete waste of time but a deception designed to rob our peace. An answer is always on the way - regardless of how quickly or how slowly it is to arrive - and the child who reminds themselves of this is the child who can rest in the Peace of Christ.

God is faithful!

'Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.'
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment